Late 1940's - Early 1950's There Was Bing Crosby Promoting Cheap Reconstituted O.J.
Anita Bryant Became a Symbol for Cheap Orange Juice Around 1970.
NOTE2: I am NOT an anti-vaxxer. I have received two Pfeizer vaccinations, and two booster shots for the covid-19. I went to receive the Moderna booster shot one day, but they were out of stock, so instead, I received the J. and J. booster shot that day. About a month later, I received the Moderna booster shot. I have never been an anti-vaxxer.
Vitamins are legal in the USA as far as I know.
Also, I have not been a regular user or advocate of Vit. C until May 2020. I actually don't recall where I first read about Vit. C and covid-19, but that first began in March 2020, I think.
Although I tested positive for covid-19 at a dentist's office on June 21st, 2021, I never experienced any symptoms. I tested negative the next day for covid on June 22, 2021, upon receiving the bad news from the dentist's office. Then I re-tested negative on June 24, 2021. When the delta variant was first going around, I got tested on July 13, 2021, and that was negative. When I went back to the dentist on Nov. 1, 2021, I was tested again, and the results were negative.
NOTE3: I noticed online something about Vitamin C and covid-19 in March 2020, well before the vaccines became available about one year later. I do not recall what I read first about this subject, but I initiated a google search for more information beginning in March 2020.
- (June 12, 2020) Clinical Trials Announced in Madagascar for 1)intravenously administered vit. C and Artesunate, a derivative of artemisia, and 2)clinical trial of Artesunate alone.
- (June 10, 2020) Clinical Trials: Current Status of Studies at Cleveland Clinic Florida concerning 1)IV megadoses of vitamin C and Covid-19, as well as 2)zinc supplement and Covid-19, 3)IV megadoses of vit. C with zinc and Covid-19, and finally 4) control group of Covid-19 patients who do not receive either vit. C nor zinc supplement.
- (June 10, 2020) A clinical trial using megadoses of IV administered vit. C with ozone to treat Covid-19 is ongoing at the moment in Ibiza, Spain. This treatment method has been used lately in Spain and Italy to save lives of Covid-19 patients. Dr. Peter Papadakos, MD, FCCM, FAARC, the director of critical care medicine at the University of Rochester Medical Center and a professor of anesthesiology, surgery, neurosurgery and neurology at the University of Rochester, in New York, and Dr. Alberto Hernandez, MD, PhD, DESA, a former research fellow of Dr. Papadakos and currently the director of anesthesia and critical care at Grupo Policlinica in Ibiza, Spain, where ozone can be legally administered, are using megadoses of IV vit. C and ozone therapy to treat Covid-19 patients.
- (June 8, 2020) From Medical News Today, Can Vitamin C Help Covid-19 Patients?
- (May 21, 2020) Cleveland Clinic Florida Begins Clinical Trials on Vitamin C and Corona Virus, and another clinical trial regarding heart attacks.
- (Apr 29, 2020) High-Dose IV Vitamin C on ARDS by COVID-19: A Possible Low-Cost Ally With a Wide Margin of Safety. From Physicians Weekly.
- (April 24, 2020) Megadoses of Vit. C Are Not NUTRITIONAL THERAPY! (1971) Neutralizing viruses is not just about adequate nutrition. We need more than adequate nutrition. We need a "magic bullet" to neutralize viruses. Using vitamin C BEYOND the Range Of A Vitamin In Human Pathology, by Frederick R. Klenner, M.D., F.C.C.P. (Summary, Using Vit. C Against Viruses.) Note: Dr. Klenner used SODIUM ASCORBATE for his IV solutions, not ascorbic acid.
- (April 20, 2020) Houston TX Hospital Using Experimental Mix, Including Megadoses of Vit. C, to Treat COVID-19 Patients with No Deaths Yet.
- (April 20, 2020) Clinical Trials: Canadians to Begin Megadose Vit. C/Sepsis/COVID-19 Clinical Trials. (Clinical trial on sepsis and vit. C was already in process.)
- (April 17, 2020) Richmond VA Veterans Admin. Hospital Begins Treatment Study on Hospitalized Veterans with COVID-19 Using Megadoses of vit. C.
- (April 14, 2020) Seattle ER Doctor Nearly Dies, saved by experimental treatments being used in China, including megadoses of vitamin C.
- (April 10, 2020) Richmond VA ER Doctor Becomes COVID-19 Patient Nearing Organ Failure. Gets well after Experimental Treatment, including IV megadose of vit. C.
- (April 5, 2020) New York City area hospitals using vitamin C for coronavirus patients: click here. Patients are surviving and recovering without ventilators in most cases. Dr. Andrew G. Weber, pulmonologist, critical-care specialist affiliated with two hospitals on Long Island, NY.
- (April 5th, 2020) Google news search for "vitamin c coronavirus" yields a lot of articles.
- (April 3, 2020) A Plea from Dr. David Brownstein, of West Bloomfield, MI, regarding low-cost readily available therapies which reduce the need for ventilators for COVID-19 patients, and greatly reduce the death rate.
- (April 1, 2020) A Long-Standing Physician Bias is Contributing to COVID-19 Death Rates. A Plea from Dr. Fred Wagshul, a Pulmonologist and Medical Director of Lung Center of America in Dayton, Ohio: click here. Advocates Megadose IV Vitamin C Therapy from ER. Greatly reduced need for ventilators.
- (March 30, 2020) Three U.S. Hospitals Avoiding Ventilators, and Successfully Using Cheap Readily Available Drugs and IV Vitamin C Infusions to Treat COVID-19, with few if any deaths.
- (March 30, 2020) University of Wisconsin Hospital Advocates for IV Megadose Vitamin C Therapy for COVID-19 Patients; Reduced Need for Ventilators, Reduced Hospital Stays, Reduces DEATHS. Also, Dr. Paul E. Marik at the Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk agrees. Center for Balanced Health; 425 Madison Avenue; NY, NY (Press Release)
- NOTE: (March 29, 2020) I just found this information using google.com searching for "Dr. Richard Cheng Shanghai, vitamin C":
- posted to web March 9, 2020) Discussion by various doctors, mostly in China, about Vitamin C and various ailments, including flu, colds, and COVID-19 at MedicineNet website. Dr. Cheng stated that there are three large studies currently underway in China testing vitamin C and COVID-19. But one study with vitamin C conducted in South Korea on upper respiratory illnesses yielded very good results (85% FAST and FULL recovery rate) has already been completed.
- (posted to web March 19, 2020) Hospital treatment of serious and critical COVID-19 infection with high dose vitamin C (This is a posting in China from Dr. Richard Cheng's hospital blog. Dr. Enqiang Mao. This is where the information about no fatalities for those COVID-19 patients being given large intravenous (IV) doses of vitamin C, was described by Dr. Enqiang Mao of Shanghai, China.)
- (March 2020) numerous items and videos posted by Dr. Richard Cheng, mostly in March 2020, in China concerning research on vitamin C and COVID19, common cold, flu, and other diseases, and other modalities such as using hydrogen peroxide and diet. Recommendations for fasting. Some of the studies were conducted in S. Korea. Includes "Shanghai Expert Consensus on COVID-19 Treatment". Many items worth seeing and reading.
NOTE: I just found a lot of information on March 28, 2020 at this website.
NOTE: the following articles were found using google.com
- (March 26, 2020) Various recent articles about usage of megadoses of vitamin C to treat coronavirus patients in New York City. (Actually turns out to mostly be the same one article.)
- A look at vitamin C and virus interaction.
- Discussion of various studies about the effect of megadoses of vitamin C on the polio virus, and other viruses, conducted by Dr. F. Klenner during the 1940's and 1950's. Also mentions Swiss and other pioneering researchers.
- Another detailed analysis of Dr. Klenner's virus and vitamin C studies, and other related information. (From a website in New Zealand. About the author.)
- Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling during the 1970's was a well known advocate of using vitamin C for various purposes.
- Awards he received. Linus Pauling was obviously a genius who deserves respect, despite his errors here or there.
After the police initially suppressed Dr. Li Wenliang and ordered him to shut up on Jan. 3, they now are honoring him as a great hero in China who died for his country. This is the doctor who encountered the coronavirus infection in some of his own patients on Dec. 30, 2019, about one month after it first was diagnosed and identified in China. Starting around Dec. 30, he sounded the alarm online, was summoned by the police and told to be quiet about it on Jan. 3, 2020, only to die on February 7, 2020 from the virus.
This could very well have occurred in the USA with over-moderated social media apps, or in many other foolish scenarios. But the nature of the internet for people to communicate openly as a whole is what actually saved the day. But there are a lot of lies which circulate on the internet.
Maybe two decades ago, it might have taken years for the word to get out.
I find it odd that the American media and many politicians expect only perfection in China, while not in the USA. What does that tell us?
There is some strong evidence from the many studies conducted by Dr. F. R. Klenner, M.D., and perhaps other studies done by other doctors and scientists, that large doses of vitamin C cured polio at a very early stage. But one of the studies cited above seemed to have been done on patients given large doses of vitamin C who tested positive for polio, but who had not yet developed extreme symptoms that eventually occur in some or many patients. In Klenner's study, no obvious symptoms (extreme damage) occurred for all the patients using large amounts of vitamin C. What is sad is that the control group who were not given large doses of vit. C did develop the really serious symptoms, and the study above does not state whether vitamin C was ever used to try and help them, and what the results were.
NOTE: viruses cannot be killed since they are not alive. But viruses, like any protein material, can be re-arranged (dijested, destroyed, neutralized, etc.) and recycled. A virus is simply a stray scrap of protein that resembles our own body's DNA, or RNA, and which somehow confuses our body's genetic activities. The body's confused state is actually the cause of sicknesses linked to viruses. A healthy body should not become ill from exposure to a virus. Everyday, our immune systems normally destroy and recyle virus protein material in our bodies. That process must be what megadoses of vitamin C strengthens.
Could the world-wide habit of having cheap processed re-constituted or flash-pasteurized orange juice served at breakfast been greatly encouraged or widely adopted soon after World War II when polio was devastating much of the entire world? It's possible that word got out (word of mouth) about Vitamin C during this period, although orthodox science seemed to greatly ignore Dr. Klenner's and other doctor's and researchers' findings. Now today, many are pretrified of sugar in orange juice, but embrace viral sicknesses instead.
Well I was close. Turns out the orange juice mania started mostly during WWII and just afterwards, just in time to probably help reduce the severity of the polio epidemic, but did it taste good enough to persuade enough people to actually drink it?
Cheap orange juice was being pushed very heavily in those years (1945-1960) probably, and cheap synthetic vitamin C was often added to it, just as it is today. Could this have prevented polio from occurring to my generation starting around 1953??? I don't know. The polio cases in the local area seem to have been 1945-1952 or so. Perhaps there were fewer and fewer cases as the vaccine was being given out, also. (The first vaccine was not available until 1955 except for people taking part in the trials of the Salk vaccine.)
The "MDR" (Minimum Daily Requirement) is replaced by the new "RDA" (Recommended Dietary Allowance). I actually can't find any information about when that change occurred. I grew up with the "MDR" for vitamins and minerals.
NOTE: the air and water all around us are full of viruses and bacteria. Our intestines cannot operate without various beneficial bacteria. So "killing all the bacteria in the universe" is not a desirable situation.
Preventing the diseases caused by different viruses is not the same thing as curing those diseases that already have taken hold. There is ample evidence that vitamin C, and many other vitamins and nutrients as well, helps prevent many sicknesses, and help us heal if we have a disease. What is a vitamin?
For example, tubercsulosis is much more common in poverty stricken areas and countries than in affluent areas and countries. This is probably due to there being a better diet with more supplements, vitamins, and nutrients in the affluent areas and countries.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is named after another common disease: scurvy. Notice the correct pronunciation of "ascorbic". The "c" is a hard "c".